I am humbled and grateful to be nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Meredith’s Musings, a neat place to take a break. She shares a variety of enjoyments—music, book reviews, family fun, spiritual insights, and even some tasty recipes—each with a personal flair. You should check her out!
Following are the Guidelines for accepting the award:
1. Thank the person nominating you and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
Seven things …
- I have three teenagers who are on the brink of driving! Their schedules have become increasingly difficult to juggle, so I’m looking forward to when they will be able to transport themselves from place to place. They are in the throes of reading the Driver’s Handbook so that Dad will actually let them get behind the wheel. When that happens, I will be tossed between excited, terrified, and relieved–in addition to all the “personal summers” I’m experiencing. I can’t wait!
- One of my daughters just said that I have “flutterings and spasms.” Can you guess which movie we just watched? Yes, “Pride & Prejudice.” Although I’m not quite as wacky as Mrs. Bennett is portrayed, my husband often compares me to her–and I do NOT take offense. 🙂
- I consider Baytown, Texas my hometown (I went to Jr. High and High School there), but I spent my early growing up years in Arizona. I have wonderful memories of the Phoenix / Scottsdale area, as well as the Petrified Forest, saguaro cactuses, and the Grand Canyon.
- I ran a marathon in 2003! A half- marathon in 2004. But the sad truth is, I stopped running a few years ago and I am paying the price now. It’s difficult starting over. Especially when … (see #5)
- I’m turning 50 in a month! Complete with hot flashes and mental confusion. Thankfully … (#6)
- I have a fabulous husband who laughs along with me — lightening the my crazy moods.
- And I have three teenagers who also laugh with, and hug me along the way.
I’m blessed beyond measure.
Blogs I’m nominating …
The number is small, as my “reading list” is still growing. And many of those I follow have already received this award!
Hot Tea and the Empty Seat – Katie is a young bride – crazy in love with her husband and the Lord Jesus.
The Artistic Christian – Not only does John Mark have spiritual depth, he’s a great story-teller. He participates in “flash fiction” challenges and comes up with very creative stories.
Dazzling Whimsy – She also enjoys blog challenges of all kinds. She captures LIFE in her wonderful photography.
Teenfaith777 – I’m impressed with this young gal. Her heart belongs to Jesus and she LOVES His Word. I got so excited when I learned that she was skilled in inductive study at this young age. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for her!